After much demand, GMK Taro has returned for a second round and we're excited to be doing this Taro-Themed cable collab with the wonderful pwade3.
Important Group Buy Details
This product is only the Device End of the "Splash of Taro" Theme and the Male Detachable Connector>Host Connector is not included. Click here to get the full cable.
This is running alongside the main Taro cable GB and will end at the same time.
Estimated to be shipped by the end of October 2020 and/or slightly before the keyset is fulfilled.
Due to the nature of Group Buys, special customization requests are not available for this group buy. The timeline is only an estimate and it is possible for unforeseen delays to occur. Refunds/cancellations will not be allowed. Updates will be provided on occasion on our Discord.
A list of the keyset proxies and other collaborations can be found here.
If you have an ALT or CTRL keyboard, we can not guarantee functionality with coiled cables due to the extra raw cable they use. It's not always a problem, but want to be as safe as possible.
- Cables are sleeved, soldered, coiled (when applicable), and assembled by hand
- Device/Keyboard Connector Options: USB Type-C (+$1.25), USB Mini-B, USB Micro-B
- 28 AWG 4-core USB 2.0 Compliant Cable
- Mylar Wrapped with a PVC Jacket
- Copper Cores are tinned to prevent oxidization
- 550 Paracord
- Double-Sleeved with 1/8" FLEXO PET Techflex
- Cable Length: ~12 inches (w/coil), ~6 inches (w/o coil)
Splash of Taro Device End
- Cerakoted Female GX16 connector
- Note: We are currently working to get the color as close to the Alphas as possible. The connector in the product photos comes close to matching and can be seen as the baseline. Color match updates will be provided on our Discord, most likely after the GB has closed and the fulfillment process has begun.
- Paracord Color: Violet
- Techflex Color: Black
- Coil (Optional):
- Coil Orientation: 90-Degree
Coil Specs (Optional):
- All coils go through a labor intensive, heat treated and reverse coiled process in order to make the coil as tight and strong as possible
- Coil Length: 6 inches
- Coil Internal Diameter: 0.5 inches (12.7mm)
- Coil Outer Diameter: About 0.8 inches (20.3mm)
- It takes about 65 inches of straight cable to make a 6-inch coil