Important Group Buy Details
This will run until May 14th, 2021 @ 23:59 MDT. Orders are estimated to be shipped by Late November 2021. Additional stuff:
- Due to the nature of Group Buys, special requests to make additional customizations are not available.
- All products within an order will be fulfilled after all items are manufactured and available to ship. If ordering additional product(s) outside of this Group Buy, it is highly recommended to place them as separate orders.
- The timeline is only an estimate and unforeseen delays may occur. Refunds/cancellations will not be allowed.
- Spaztik Cables is currently a one-person operation. While this allows me to ensure the quality of the cables, providing consistent updates is one of the things I tend to struggle with. When I do provide updates, it's usually on my Discord. I am working towards doing email/website updates in the future.
- This Group Buy only includes Spaztik Cables Metropolis-Themed cables -- any other item(s) shown are not included.
- If you have an ALT or CTRL keyboard, we can not guarantee functionality with coiled cables due to the extra raw cable they use. It's not a problem most of the time, but we've seen varied results from customer to customer.
All Cables Feature:
- Device/Keyboard Connector Options: USB Type-C, USB Mini-B, USB Micro-B
- 28 AWG 4-core USB 2.0 Compliant Cable
- Mylar Wrapped with a PVC Jacket
- Copper Cores are tinned to prevent oxidization
- 550 Paracord
- Double-Sleeved with 1/8" FLEXO PET Techflex
- Cable Length: 3 feet or 6 feet
- Cables are assembled by hand with ❤️
- Paracord: Seafoam
- Techflex: Black
- Coil Length: 6 inches
- Coil Orientation: Right-to-Straight
- Coil Internal Diameter: 0.5 inches (12.7mm)
- Coil Outer Diameter: ~0.8 inches (20.3mm)
- It takes about 65 inches of raw cable to make a 6-inch coil.
- All coils go through a labor intensive, heat treated and reverse coiled process. This allows the coil to be as tight and strong as possible.
- Note: Adding a coil does not increase the length of the completed cable. For example, a 3-foot cable = 2.5 feet straight + 0.5 feet coil
Coated Detachable GX16 Connector
- Connectors are coated with a custom mix of Cerakote to properly match GMK Metropolis. The same custom mix is used for both themes.
- Detachable Connector Location
- Without Coil: ~6-7 inches from the Device/Keyboard Connector
- With Coil: Host Side of Coil (~2-3 inches from the Coil)
- Connector Type: 5-pin GX16
- Connector Pinout
- Pin 1: VCC
- Pin 2: D-
- Pin 3: D+
- Pin 4: Shield
- Pin 5: GND
- Do NOT use with Device or Host ends made by other makers. Doing so could cause irreversible damage to your device, cable, or host. This is because detachable connectors do not have a set standard and the pinout can vary depending on the maker.